THE BEAUTY BEHIND SOCIAL STUDIES


 English, Math, and Science are the subjects that all students know and love. Many people don’t like Social Studies, some say it’s boring and some say when their teacher starts teaching this inside the classroom, they all feel sleepy. Before, when I am in Junior High school, I hate social studies, because all I know is that it is all about history, and for me it’s not that important because even if we go back to the past again and again, we will not be able to change it anymore. But then, when I graduated Senior High School, I started asking myself what major I want in college. And then I suddenly thought that I should try social studies as a major, and this is where I started to appreciate and see the beauty of social studies.

 


Social sciences are another name for social studies. It is a field that examines how people behave, interact, use resources, and organize themselves. Geography, anthropology, economics, history, sociology, political science, and civics are the topics that are included in Social Studies.
This subject plays a crucial and vital role in our world, especially in our younger generation or the students. In order to make wise judgments regarding matters affecting them, especially as they get older, social studies help students comprehend the world in which they live. Social Studies is one of the most important subjects in school because it opens our eyes to see what the real world that we are living in and where we came from. Now, let us all appreciate social studies starting from History. According to a famous phrase “You have to know the past to understand the present” this explains that History is very fun to learn because this will serve as our time machine which will help us to see the beauty of our past.
Learning from the past helps us understand who we are and how we got here, as well as how to prevent mistakes in the future and guide society in better directions. If we uncover our past, this is where we will realize how important this subject is, not only academically but also in our personal lives. Because of this, we will become aware of what is happening in our world. Moreover, Social Studies discussed Economics. The study of economics is immensely important in all aspects of life, from little applications in household budgeting to altering a nation's level of living. For some people learning economics is hard. But if you are into business and you want to know how to save and value money, you will love this subject. Also, this teaches us to become aware of what is happening in our country in terms of micro to macro finances. And lastly, it also tackles about Politics. It is vital for us to know and become aware of this topic because it is a very serious topic wherein, we are all involved. It helps us to know our rights, clarifies what we believe, understand our nation’s parties, and prepares us for our adult life. Students who study political science gain a solid understanding of the value of political engagement and are better equipped to participate in local and national politics. Indeed, Social studies is a gateway that leads anyone who wants to study or pursue knowledge in its different branches such as Politics, History and Economics.
 
 
 
x

Comments

  1. Great read! I hope there will be lots of young readers here who will be inspired to take social studies/sciences. Great content explaining what opportunities can someone acquire and learn from SS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting content! Continue being a reason so that the learners will appreciate and love the SS subject. Waiting for more content like this, Teacher Mae!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Ella for visiting and reading my blog! God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is highly informative! For sure, many future educator that plans to take the same course as you will learn and be inspired through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your area of specialization was very inspiring. I commend your hardwork! May you continue to open the minds of your students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment